Foreign investments

Invest in Spain safely and with the best profitability with Abogados DVA.

Invest in Spain safely and with the best profitability with Abogados DVA.


Law 14/2013, of September 27, on support for entrepreneurs and their internationalization.

If you plan to invest in Spain in Abogados DVA we will advise you on the procedures to be carried out, the required documentation and how to obtain your legal residence in Spain.

We also have a large portfolio for REAL ESTATE investments, making each of our clients obtain the highest possible profitability on each business. Our extensive knowledge of the local market positions us as a benchmark in the investment of financial assets, real estate investment and investments through business projects.

It is important to realize that obtaining a legal residence in Spain allows you and your family the entry, exit and free movement through any of the countries of the EU states, specifically throughout the Schengen territory.

Also, after spending time with that legal residence, you may choose to apply for Spanish citizenship.


If you have made a significant investment in Spain you can benefit from the residence regime for investors.



Public Debt (€ 2 million).

Social shares or participations of Spanish capital companies (€ 1 million).

Investment funds, closed-end investment funds or venture capital funds established in Spain (€ 1 million).

Bank deposits in Spanish financial institutions (€ 1 million).


There is no minimum amount in this type of investment; its impact is valued through:

Creation of jobs.

Socio-economic impact in the geographical area where it will be developed.

Relevant contribution to scientific and/or technological innovation.


Who can request it?

The investor himself or a duly accredited representative attaching the application according to the official model.

Where is it requested?

If you are outside of Spain, you will apply for an investor residence visa at the Consulate of Spain in the country of residence.

If you are legally in Spain or have an investor visa, you will apply for the residence permit for an investor in the Strategic Group and Large Companies Unit (UGE-CE).

What documents must be submitted?


Public or private medical insurance with an entity operating in Spain.

Criminal record.

Accreditation of economic means.

Accreditation of the investment.

It varies depending on the type of investment:

Public Debt: certificate of a financial entity or the Bank of Spain.

Unlisted shares: investment declaration made in the Foreign Investment Registry of the General Direction of International Trade and Investment (DGCOMVINER).

Listed shares: certificate of financial intermediary registered with the National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) or the Bank of Spain.

Investment funds: certificate of the Management Company.

Bank deposit: certificate of the financial institution.

Property: Certificate of the Land Registry and deed of purchase.

If the purchase of the property has not been formalized: a contract entered into in a public deed.

Business project: Favourable Report issued by DGCOMINVER.

If the investment is made through a legal entity, can I apply for a visa or authorization?

Yes, as long as you have a report prepared by DGCOMINVER that proves that the company is located in a country that is not considered a tax haven and that you have a majority interest in it (Article 63.3 of Law 14/13).

Can the representative who manages the project of general interest benefit from this residence regime?

Yes. In this case, you must provide, together with the previous documents, a favourable report issued by DGCOMINVER.

How long does its validity last?

Investors in real estate assets with a deposit contract: visa/authorization 6 months.

Investor visa: 1 year.

Initial authorization for investor: 2 years.

Renewal of the authorization for investor: 5 years. No effective residence is required for renovation.

Can relatives accompany the investor?

Yes, at any time they may apply, jointly or successively, for authorization and/or visa.

Spouse or common-law partner.

Minor or older children who depend economically on the holder.

Aged dependant relative.


The visa and authorization are valid to work and reside throughout the national territory, including family members if they meet the age provided in the labour regulations.

Quick deadlines Visa: 10 days.

Quick deadlines Authorizations: 20 days.

The application for the residence permit or its renewal before the UGE-CE automatically extends the stay or residence of the applicant in Spain until the procedure is solved.

¿Necesitas ayuda? PIDE CITA AHORA.

Si necesitas asesoramiento legal, tienes dudas o un comentario, estás en el lugar adecuado.

Escríbenos por whatsapp o selecciona una fecha para cita previa:

La cita se puede reservar en cualquier momento durante cualquier día del año.